Birmingham South Central Clinical Commissioning Group, (CCG), Birmingham CrossCity CCG, Sandwell and West Birmingham CCG and Birmingham City Council are working together to improve the Community Mental Health Services provided to children and young adults within the Birmingham area.
From speaking to service users both present and past we are aware that the current services can be fragmented, difficult to access and confusing for the people to use.
We want to completely change the way we deliver Community Mental Health Services for 0-25 year olds and we think we can do this by buying services that:
- Reduce the stigma surrounding mental health
- Are young people friendly
- Support children and young people as they get older
- Enable children and young people to be healthy
- Support children and young people to live a full and independent life
We are holding a consultation between January and April 2014 to seek people’s views on the design of the new service. This will include your views on:
- How you would like the services to be joined up
- What services should be included
- What the services should look and feel like
We really want to hear from everyone, especially children and young adults. We will also be talking to patients, carers, providers of services, clinicians and the general public.