Not feeling well?

I'm not feeling well, what should I do?

Care for yourself at home if you have a common health issue, like a cough, cold, sore throat or headache. Make sure you get plenty of rest and take your usual painkillers or medicines, if you need them (always read the label).

Call NHS 111 if you urgently need medical help or advice, but it's not a life-threatening situation. You can also call NHS 111 if you're not sure which NHS service you need. It’s free to call and open 24/7.

Visit a walk-in centre, minor injuries unit or urgent care centre if you have an illness or injury and it can't wait until your GP surgery is open. Find your nearest one at

Ask your local pharmacist for advice about lots of common health issues such as diarrhoea, migraines and skin problems.

Make an appointment with your GP if you are feeling unwell and it’s not an emergency.

For free, confidential and non-judgemental sexual health services, including all types of contraception, STI testing and treatment, call 0121 237 5700 or visit

If you are worried about your drug and alcohol use, or someone else’s, call 0121 227 5890 or visit for free and confidential help.

Don’t forget to register with a dentist, as dental problems can't be dealt with by doctors. Find a local dentist at

Want to know where your closest pharmacy, urgent care centre, GP practice or hospital is? Simply type your postcode into the box below.


Noticed an error or broken link? Let us know