Acute inpatient units provide care for adults, aged 25 and over, in a hospital setting and are intended for people who are experiencing an acute psychiatric crisis of such severity that it cannot be managed at home with the involvement and interventions of staff in the community or in a respite facility.
Units offer care oriented to strengths and abilities, and provide purposeful, stimulating and appropriate mental and physical activities while helping service users to remain connected with their local communities.
Referrals for this service are usually through a GP. Birmingham is served by the following units:
- Eden Unit - 355 Slade Road, Erdington, Birmingham, B23 6AL
- George Ward - 355 Slade Road, Erdington, Birmingham, B23 6AL
- Mary Seacole House - Lodge Road, Winson Green, Birmingham, B18 5SD
- Oleaster - 6 Mindelsohn Crescent, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 2SY
- Solihull Bruce Burns Ward - Lode Lane, Solihull, B91 2JL
- Zinnia Centre - 100 Showell Green Lane, Sparkhill, Birmingham, B11 4HL
More information on acute services is available here.