Who we are and what we do: Organisational information, structures, locations and contacts
What we spend and how we spend it: Financial information relating to projected and actual income and expenditure, procurement, contracts and financial audit
- Procurement Register
- Register of Procurement Decisions 2016-17
- Register of Procurement Decisions 2015-16
- Register of Procurement Decisions 2015
What are our priorities and how are we doing: Strategies and plans, performance indicators, audits, inspections and reviews
- Birmingham Better Care (BCB) Fund Short Plan
- Birmingham CCGs' Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services Transformation Plans
- Birmingham and Solihull System Resilience Plan 2015 16
- Birmingham CrossCity CCG Communications and Engagement Strategy 2015-17
- Birmingham CrossCity CCG Constitution
- Birmingham CrossCity CCG Equality Objectives Action Plan 2015-17
- Birmingham CrossCity CCG Operational Plan 2016-17
- Birmingham CrossCIty CCG Summary Operational Plan 2016-17
- Birmingham CrossCity CCG Primary Care Strategy 2016-20
- Birmingham CrossCity CCG Quality Strategy 2016-17
- More strategic documents are available to view here
How we make decisions: Decision making processed and records of decisions
Our policies and procedures: Current written protocols, policies and procedures for delivering our services and responsibilities
Lists and Registers: Current maintained list and registers
- View our Registers of Interest page here.
The services we offer: Information about the services we offer including leaflets, guidance and newsletters
Public reporting of contractual sanctions applied by commissioners: NHS commissioners are now required to publish on their websites details of the financial sanctions due and actually applied to each of their major providers for failure to achieve national standards set out in their contracts.
Commissioners must report individually on sanctions for all their contracts, whether they are the co-ordinating commissioner or not. Values need only be reported where the sanction in respect of a particular standard for that commissioner at the relevant provider exceeds £1,000 in the reporting period. Where a sanction is applied only annually, the position need only be reported annually.
Birmingham CrossCity CCG is using the national non-mandatory model template for publication of sanctions as provided here.
Provider Quality Accounts: Each year providers of NHS healthcare are required to publish a report about the quality of their services.
Quality Accounts are an important way for local NHS services to report on quality and show improvements in the services they deliver to local communities and stakeholders.
The quality of the services is measured by looking at patient safety, the effectiveness of treatments that patients receive and patient feedback about the care provided.
The Department of Health requires providers to submit their final Quality Account to the Secretary of State by uploading it to the NHS Choices website by 30 June each year.
Prior to publication Birmingham CrossCity CCG reviewed the accounts and produced a quality assurance statement which is published within the report. These reports are available to view here.
Further information on quality accounts can be found on the NHS Choices website.